As I give free support in my spare time, I kindly ask you to follow the below mentioned steps before writing a new support request. This will hopefully decrease the time I spend on answering support questions and increase the time available for developing new features – and you will often get much quicker answers to your questions
Steps to do before posting a new support request:
1. Check if your question is already answered by the FAQ on http://www.mapsmarker.com/faq
2. if not, please check the Docs on http://www.mapsmarker.com/docs
Still no result? then please try the following things next, as these are the most common causes for problems:
4. disable all other plugins and check if your problem got solved. If yes, please identify the incompatible plugin by re-activating plugins one-by-one. If you found the incompatible plugin, please let me know so that I can check if I can fix this problem within my plugin or if I have to enhance the incompatibility check introduced in v2.1
5. if this didnt help, try switching to another WordPress theme – like the default theme TwentyTwelve.
If your problem is still unsolved, write a new support request in the forum and don´t forget to include the following information:
- link to your website/installation where I can take a look at the problem – most people forget about this, which is like having a car problem and asking the mechanic to fix it via phone
- info which WordPress version you are using
- info which plugin version you are using (I´d recommend always using the latest version and checking your problem before posting a new request!)
- things you already checked in order to fix your problem
As said before, due to limited ressources I won´t be able to answer every support question posted in the support forum, although I will monitor this forum and offer help if possible.
Anyway: as support is offered for free, I´d really appreciate a donation, a vote for the plugin on wordpress.org, pull requests for new features on github, help with new translations or help with spreading the word about my plugin through channels like facebook or twitter