Since July 11 2016, MapQuest requires to sign up for a plan on their Developer Network if you want to use their maps on your site!
A free API key allows up to 15.000 transactions/month. Higher quotas are available on demand – click here for more details.
Tutorial: How to sign up for a free API key
Please note that if you already signed up for a MapQuest API key for geocoding, you can also this key for MapQuest basemaps!
- Sign up for a MapQuest account at https://developer.mapquest.com/user/register
- Login at https://developer.mapquest.com/user/login
- Select “Keys & Reporting” from the menu and click on the button “Create new key”
- Choose an app name and press “Create App”
- Open app details and copy your “Consumer Key” to your clipboard:
- Login to your WordPress site and head to Maps Marker Pro / Basemaps / Mapquest and paste this key there:
- Navigate to Settings / Basemaps / “Available basemap in controlbox” and tick the checkbox next to the MapQuest basemaps:
- Save Settings.
Done – you should now be able to select MapQuest basemaps when creating new marker or layer maps:
If you experience any issue with your MapQuest key, please check the MapQuest support forums at https://developer.mapquest.com/forum for assistance.