If you want to use Google Maps though as basemap, you have to register for a Google Maps API key – related details and links about terms of usage, pricing and billing can be found below:
Terms of services
Google´s related Terms of Services can be found at https://developers.google.com/maps/terms.
Important update from Google regarding upcoming changes coming into effect on
June 11th July 16th 2018:
- Dynamic Maps (Pricing: USD 7.00 for up to 28.000 loads per month – pricing details)
As Google gives all developers $200 of free monthly usage, only loads which exceed this amount will be directly billed by Google.
Tutorial: how to register for a Google Maps API key and enable Google basemaps for Maps Marker Pro / Leaflet Maps Marker
Starting with 11th June 2018 you must also enable billing!
- Click ‘Get A Key’.
- Sign in with your Google Account (or create a new one first)
- a. If you want to use an existing project, please select it from the list.
- b. Otherwise, select ‘Create a new project’, enter a project name and click on “Create an enable API”:
- Copy the generated key from the popup
- Optional, but recommended to prevent quota theft: click on the link “API Console” below your API key and set a HTTP referrer for your key so that it can only be used on your domains:
– choose “HTTP referrers (web sites)” from “Key restrictions”
– enter your domain(s) in the format *.yourdomain.com/* to “Accept requests from these HTTP referrers (web sites)”
– finish by clicking the “Save” button
ptional: Enable billing. See Usage Limits for more information.(billing is mandatory starting from 11th June 2018)
Done. Now you should be able to create new maps using Google Maps as basemaps:
If you experience any issues, please open a support ticket and we will be glad to help!