TomTom is a leading independent location technology specialist, shaping mobility with highly accurate maps, navigation software, real-time traffic information and services. Their maps can also be used within Maps Marker Pro since v4.6 after signing up for an API key.
Terms of services
TomTom can be used after registering a mandatory API key. The related terms of services can be found at https://developer.tomtom.com/terms-and-conditions
With their free plan, TomTom allows up to 2.500 requests/day for all of their APIs. The limit is set to 5 calls per second for non-tile based APIs and 1,000 for tile based APIs. If you’re using the TomTom Maps APIs for free and you exceed the daily free credit limit of 2,500 API transactions, you will receive an “HTTP 403 – Over the limit error”.
Larger plans are are available for higher usage limits.
Tutorial: How to register an API key
- Register an account at https://developer.tomtom.com/user/register
- Login with your account at https://developer.tomtom.com/user/login
- On the Dashboard click on the button “Add a new App”
- Enter an “App Name”, tick the checkboxes for the products “Maps API” and “Search API” and finish by clicking the button “Create App”:
- Click on the application name to show the details and copy the “Consumer API Key” to your clipboard:
- Login to your WordPress site and head to Maps Marker Pro / Settings / Layers / TomTom and paste that key there:
- Save Settings.
That´s it. Afterwards you can start using TomTom layers when creating a new map:
Recommended: restrict your key to your domain
In order to prevent misuse of your API key, it is recommended to restrict your API key to your domain only. Please contact TomTom support with your API key and domain to setup a domain restriction (for the near future TomTom has planned to add a self service on the developer site for restricting the API key).