Terms of services
If you want to use MapQuest geocoding, you need to register a free API key. The related Terms of Services can be found at https://developer.mapquest.com/legal
Please note that MapQuest basemaps should also be used if MapQuest geocoding is selected! (Click here for a tutorial on how to activate MapQuest basemaps – FYI: you can use the same API key as for MapQuest geocoding).
MapQuest Geocoding API allows up to 15.000 transactions/month and a maximum of 10 requests/second with a free API key. Higher quotas are available on demand – click here for more details.
Tutorial: How to sign up for a free API key
Please note that if you already signed up for a MapQuest API key for basemaps, you can also this key for MapQuest geocoding!
- Sign up for a MapQuest account at https://developer.mapquest.com/user/register
- Login at https://developer.mapquest.com/user/login
- Select “Keys & Reporting” from the menu and click on the button “Create new key”
- Choose an app name and press “Create App”
- Open app details and copy your “Consumer Key” to your clipboard:
- Login to your WordPress site and head to Maps Marker Pro / Settings / Geocoding / MapQuest and paste this key there:
- Save Settings.
If you experience any issue with your MapQuest key, please check the MapQuest support forums at https://developer.mapquest.com/forum for assistance.
Reference for all Mapquest Geocoding settings
MapQuest Geocoding bounds
When using batch geocoding or when ambiguous results are returned, any results within the provided bounding box will be moved to the top of the results list.