Your privacy issues are important. Be assured that any information provided to MapsMarker.com will be held in strict confidence.
This privacy statement describes how we collect and use the personal information you provide on our website www.mapsmarker.com. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information, and how you can access and update this information.
- GDPR Responsibility
- Collection and Use of Personal Information
- User generated location data
- Plugin update checker data
- Information Sharing
- Payment provider
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- Links to Other Websites
- Affiliate program
- Additional Policy Information
- Notification of Privacy Statement Changes
- Contact Information
Responsible for the protection of personal data is Robert Harm, contact form.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
When purchasing a product, we collect the following personal information from you:
- Contact information, such as name (required), email address (required), mailing address (optional), phone number (optional)
- Unique identifiers, such as user name, account number, license number, password
As is the case for most web sites, we automatically gather information about your computer/device such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system.
We use this information to
- Fulfill your order
- Send you an order confirmation
- Respond to customer service requests
- Respond to your questions and concerns
Plugin update checker data
Maps Marker Pro uses a plugin update checker library, which checks every 24 hours if a new version is available. The following unpersonalized info is transmitted and gets logged on our server with those requests:
- IP address and domain of the server (e.g. 126.96.36.199, www.domain.com)
- timestamp of the request (e.g. 2017-05-31 17:10:33)
- Maps Marker Pro version number (e.g. 3.1)
- WordPress version number (e.g. 3.1)
- PHP Version (e.g. 7.2.1)
- locale (e.g. en_US)
This data is only used in the context of the plugin update mechanism and is not shared with third parties.
User generated location data
All the location data (like markers, layers, longitude, latitude, pop-up text…) that you create with your plugin instance within your WordPress installation is stored in your database only – we do not collect this data, nor do we get notified about it.
We will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
We may also disclose your personal information
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process
- when we believe in good faith, that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request
- if MapsMarker.com is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information
- to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
MapsMarker.com uses the open-source web analytics tool Piwik to track visits on the website MapsMarker.com. Due to privacy reasons and to meet legal requirements from several countries, the IP addresses of the visitors are anonymized (188.8.131.52 –> 123.45.xx.xx).
Opt-Out of Analytics: if you do not wish to be tracked when visiting www.mapsmarker.com, you can opt-out here:
Links to Other Websites
Our site includes links to other websites whose privacy practices may differ from those of MapsMarker.com. If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy statements. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any website you visit.
If you choose to register for our affiliate program, you can use link to get provisions for sales on your site. If one of your links embedded on your sites is clicked, a so called return cookie is saved on the visitors computer so that in case he or she buys a license, this sale is referred to your affiliate account. We can clear those traffice logs on demand in total for your affiliate user or on IP basis for individual visitors.
When we collect personal information directly from you, we follow generally accepted industry standards – like SSL encrypted transmission – to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission, and when we receive it. No method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our website, you can contact us.
In order to make a purchase from us, you must use our shopping cart provider to finalize and pay for your order. Its privacy statement and security practices will also apply to your information. We encourage you to read that privacy statement before providing your information.
Additional Policy Information
Correcting, updating and deleting your personal information
To review and update your personal information to ensure it is accurate, please log into the customer area and check your profile. If you have any additional requests like deleting your data/account, please contact us.
Notification of Privacy Statement Changes
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes, we will notify you by means of a notice on this site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement please contact us.
Effective since March 13, 2013
- May 2016 (edited wording, corrected typos)
- February 2018 (added paragraph about usage of Plugin update checker data)
- March 2018 (updated Analytics paragraph about anonymisation of IP addresses – 123.45.x.x instead of 123.45.67.xx is anonymised; added opt-out for analytics)
- May 2018 (updated for GDPR)